Blazing Red Quartz
Blazing red quartz is a dazzling and vibrant gemstone known for its intense red color. Exclusive to us, this colored quartz stone radiates in a ruby-like splendor, at a fraction of the cost of that classic gem.
The word quartz is derived from the Greek "krystallos," meaning ice or the German "quarz," meaning hard. The modern name of quartz has also been associated with the Saxon word "querklufterz," meaning cross-vein-ore.
The ruby red color and vivid pink undertones of blazing red quartz are incredibly rare. This stone is not carried by any other competitor. Blazing red quartz is a new gemstone we have brought to market, exclusively for our customers.
Blazing red quartz has undergone a unique coloring process. We have taken very high quality, natural clear quartz crystals and colored them to create the popular red hue. Blazing red quartz is fine transparent quartz that sparkles brilliantly as light passes through the stone uninterrupted. We are proud to bring our customers this highly desired colored stone at a fraction of the cost of other retailers while maintaining our outstanding quality.
Blazing red quartz is an enduring symbol of love and affection. It brings long lasting friendship and ensures the fidelity of the one you love. When worn, this gemstone is said to relieve negative emotions and strengthen friendships.
- Some of the earliest tools fashioned by man were made of Quartz. Dating back to 2.5 million years ago, primitive quartz tools were discovered in the Omo valley of Ethiopia. It is believed that Quartz was used because of its hardness and isotropic brittleness that made the fashioning of the tools relatively easy.
- Quartz is known to heighten the energy of other gemstones and is considered an important healing stone. It is said to illuminate the soul. It cleanses and transmits energies, while removing barriers to spiritual growth and filtering negative energy.
- Quartz is said to encourage feelings of tranquility and forgiveness. It is used by crystal healers to strengthen the immune system.
- This gemstone brings forth a person's strengths and originality.
- Quartz is a sleep aid crystal used to ward off bad dreams or fear of the dark in children. It is also a good calming, stress reliever.
- This stone is a strong healing stone that is known to attract love and encourage a calm and centered state of mind.
- The largest documented single crystal of quartz was found near Itapore, Goiaz in Brazil; it measured approximately 6.1 by 1.5 by 1.5 meters and weighed more than 44 tons.
- Crystal healers have used quartz to boost the immune and circulatory systems. It may act as a pain reliever by placing it on affected areas.
Quartz is one of the most abundant single minerals on earth. It makes up close to 12 percent of the Earth's crust, and occurs in a wide variety of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. It is also the most diverse gemstone in terms of varieties, colors forms and has been used for thousands of years.
While quartz can also be found in Africa, Madagascar, India, and the United States, the best quality and most brilliant natural clear quartz crystals are found in Brazil. We source clear quartz crystals gemstones from Brazilian mines, and we have taken our stones through a unique coloring process to display this highly desired blazing red color.
- Ranks 7 on the Mohs hardness scale.
- Quartz comes in a full spectrum of colors, but blazing red quartz is a transparent red with pink undertones.
- Sourced from Brazil.
- Member of the quartz family.
- This gemstone has undergone a coloring process and conversion to a doublet or triplet.