Blazing Red Topaz
Blazing red topaz is a dazzling and vibrant gemstone known for its beautifully intense red color. While all topaz colors are beautiful, red Topaz is incredibly rare and accounts for less than half of one percent of faceted topaz, making it the most valued and sought after.
Topaz is from the Greek word "topazion," which stems from the Sanskrit "tapas" meaning fire. This blazing gem has long been associated with the Egyptian island of Topazios, now known as St. John's Island, found in the Red Sea. While the Old Testament had biblical scriptures referring to topaz, their true discovery is pre-historic and without definite dates or places. The first modern-day topaz gems were yellow crystals discovered in 1737 in Germany. Topaz appears in a wide array of colors from pale yellow, pale blue, greenish, clear, blue, honey-yellow, pink and red. Due to its exquisite and rare color, red topaz is the rarest variety and most highly valued. The ruby red and vivid pink colors of blazing red topaz are incredibly rare and are not carried by any other jewelry retailer. Blazing red topaz is a new addition to the red topaz family and we have brought this stone exclusively to our customers.
- Blazing red topaz is an enduring symbol of love and affection; it brings long lasting friendship and ensures the fidelity of the one you love. When worn it is said to relieve negative emotions and bring friendship.
- Early Egyptians viewed topaz as the "gem of the sun," believing that the sun god Ra bestowed it with a golden glow.
- Topaz has been used as an amulet to shield one from harm.
- In the middle ages, people valued topaz for its healing prowess.
- The ancient Greeks believed topaz boosted physical stamina and helped one avoid detection.
- Romans connected topaz with Jupiter, God of the Sun, and believed it would correct eyesight.
- The Bible calls topaz one of the "stones of fire" and it was one of 12 gemstones placed in the foundation of the city walls of Jerusalem.
- Topaz is said to stimulate untapped talents and creative ideas.
Red topaz is mined in few places around the world. However, Brazil is the most important supplier for topaz, providing the finest, most vibrant and valuable red topaz. The blazing red variety of red topaz is incredibly rare and exclusively available to the public through us.
- Ranks 8 on the Mohs hardness scale.
- Colors present a vibrant ruby red with vivid pink undertones.
- Sourced from Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Member of the topaz family.
- Birthstone for November.
- Traditional gift for fourth, 19th and 23rd anniversaries.
- Blazing red topaz has undergone traditional heat treatments to enhance its beautiful color.