Capri Blue Quartz
The color the most beautiful beaches in the world, Capri blue quartz is a rare member of the quartz family prized for its deep sky blue hues. Also known as "Aqua Aqua," this calming stone creates peace and tranquillity.
The earth's crust is made up of nearly 12 percent quartz, making quartz the most abundant single mineral on earth. Quartz comes in a variety of hues and has been in circulation for thousands of years. The name quartz comes from the Greek "krystallos" meaning ice and "querklufterz," a Saxon word meaning cross-vein ore.
Capri blue quartz is known for its fine transparent sparkle, as light passes through the stone uninterrupted. This stunning blue beauty is best viewed under natural daylight, especially right after sunrise or just before sunset.
Capri Blue Quartz is the blue macrocrystalline variety of quartz, which is uncommon in nature. This rare blue color is the result of inclusions of fibrous minerals within the stone, such as blue dumortierite or crocidolite. Capri blue quartz's color can range from deep sky blue to sky blue with some specimens displaying an electric blue color with flashes of green. However, since this stone is so rare to find colored naturally, our Capri Blue Quartz has undergone a unique color process. We have taken very high quality, natural clear quartz crystals and colored them to create the rare Capri blue hues. We are proud to bring you this highly desired colored stone at a fraction and outstanding quality.
- The largest documented single crystal of quartz was found near Itapore, Goiaz in Brazil; it measured approximately 6.1 by 1.5 by 1.5 meters and weighed more than 44 tons.
- Quartz is also thought to energize and stabilize both your body and aura. It can hold and amplify the healing and therapeutic properties of other crystals.
- Quartz is said to bring forth a person's strengths and originality.This stone is a strong healing stone that is known to attract love and encourage a calm and centered state of mind.
- Blue quartz in particular is a stone for peace and tranquility. This soothing, stress-relieving stone calms the mind and inspires hope. It can also encourage feelings of forgiveness and facilitate a restful sleep.
- Crystal healers have used quartz to boost the immune and circulatory systems. It may act as a pain reliever by placing it on affected areas.
Blue quartz is extremely difficult to find naturally. Due to its rarity, we have sourced clear quartz crystals gemstones from Brazil and take our stones through a unique coloring process to display the highly desired capri blue hue. This stone can also be found in Africa, Madagascar, India, and Arkansas, United States, however, the best quality and most brilliant natural clear quartz crystals are found in Brazil.
- Ranks 7 on the Mohs hardness scale.
- Color presents a translucent deep sky blue with a vitreous luster.
- Sourced from Brazil.
- Member of the quartz family.
- This gemstone has undergone a coloring process.