Mediterranean coral is a stunning organic gemstone known for its vivid deep red-orange hue. With an irresistible color, Mediterranean coral jewelry adds a splash of summer sunshine to your everyday look.
Precious coral is a species of coral that grows on the rocky sea floor, typically in the murky depths of the ocean or in dark caverns. This gemstone was formed from a biological process thousands of years ago. Coral is a branching skeleton-like structure built by small marine animals known as coral polyps. The coral skeleton is composed of hard calcium carbonate colored by carotenoid pigments.
Like the color coral, this organic gemstone typically exhibits a range of warm red-pink colors ranging from salmon pink to deep red. However, gem-quality coral can also be found in shades of white, black and blue.
With shades of delicate pink and intense red, coral is an ideal gemstone for making jewelry with unique color that is rich in emotion and charm. Mediterranean coral gemstone is extremely rare and highly sought after. Coral has long been used as a decorative material. It embodies man's longing for summer, sun and far-off oceans.
It takes thousands of years for coral to form, which increases its rarity and value. Mediterranean coral has a similar value to Sleeping Beauty turquoise, one of the rarest gemstones. We bring this rare and natural stone exclusively to our customers at an incredible price. At this time, no other jewelry network has launched Mediterranean coral as a featured stone.
- Red coral's vibrant and energetic color evokes passion, romance and strength. This "crystal of passion is said to attract love.
- Red coral is known as the "women's crystal, and it is associated by some Native Americans and Tibetans with women's reproductive health and fertility.
- In Medieval Europe, coral was often worn by children to protect them from evil.
- Red coral is related to Mars - the planet of ambition, motivation and desire. Ancient civilizations believed the planet was composed of coral.
- Red coral is believed to be an energizer. It turns inactive people into active ones. It invigorates determination, courage, physical strength, forcefulness, vitality and energy. It is also believed to help increase finances and ward away depression.
- Coral has been used to cure sterility, quiet and calm the mind, stimulate intuition, and bring about emotional healing.
- Crystal healers use red coral to nourish the blood and strengthen the skeleton. It is also used to treat hiccups, colic, heartburn and disorders of the kidneys, bladder and thyroid.
LOCATION: Mediterranean Sea
Coral can be found in the seas of Japan, Australia, Central America and other tropical areas. Gemstone-quality coral is related to reef-forming corals, but the most valuable variety of coral is found in the Mediterranean. The LC sources its coral from the coral reefs of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Ranks 3.0 to 4.0 on the Mohs hardness scale.
- Colors are an opaque bright-to-dark red, orange-red, and orange-pink.
- Sourced from the Mediterranean Sea.
- An organic gemstone.
- Coral is associated with 35th anniversaries.
- 100 percent natural stone; no additional treatments.