Rainbow genesis quartz is a stunning gem with a breathtaking rainbow of colors. This stone displays a beautiful kaleidoscope spectrum stretching from one end of the stone to the other.
The earth's crust is made up of nearly 12 percent quartz, making quartz the most abundant single mineral on earth. Quartz comes in a variety of hues and has been in circulation for thousands of years. The name quartz comes from the Greek "krystallos" meaning ice and "querklufterz," a Saxon word meaning cross-vein ore.
Originally white or clear quartz, rainbow genesis quartz undergoes a special coating process to create its multi-hued look. As the name implies, this stone's coloring is reminiscent of a rainbow with a variegated spectrum. This transparent gemstone has a vitreous luster.
After color treatments, the quartz is converted into a triplet, a process that sandwiches the colored stone between a dark glass or semi-precious stone base and a protective natural crystal cap. This new three-layered stone is more resistant to impact and scratching than solid or doublet stones.
Because of this highly involved process, few retailers can afford to offer this unique variation of quartz. The multi-tone color effect is hard to come by naturally. Rainbow genesis quartz is a more affordable variety that we are excited to offer to our loyal customers.
- The largest documented single crystal of quartz was found near Itapore, Goiaz in Brazil; it measured approximately 6.1 by 1.5 by 1.5 meters and weighed more than 44 tons.
- Quartz is thought to energize and stabilize both your body and aura. It can hold and amplify the healing and therapeutic properties of other crystals.
- Quartz is said to bring forth a person's strengths and originality.
- Quartz is said to inspire serenity and compassion while it improves the immune system.
- This gem is a beneficial office accessory, as it is said to help you gain prosperity, store knowledge and stabilize company finances.
- Crystal healers have used quartz to boost the immune and circulatory systems. It may act as a pain reliever by placing it on affected areas.
We source quartz gemstones from Minas Gerais, Brazil. This area is known to produce some of the highest quality clear quartz gems in the world. The quartz then undergoes treatments to produce the multi-color effect and finish the stone.
- Ranks 7 on the Mohs hardness scale.
- Quartz comes in a full spectrum of colors.
- Sourced from Brazil.
- Member of the quartz family.
- Also known as aurora quartz or mystic quartz.
- This gemstone has undergone a coloring process and conversion to a triplet.